The Second Eclectic

Technology changes how we relate to God and each other

Disciple making by video.

Leadership Journal interviews Rob Bell on the use of video preaching in church. His take:

Video is not church. You put images and music on a screen, and people will listen. But it's also dangerous. You're playing with fire. I think video technology deserves to be scrutinized heavily. . . .
I don't think we know yet what the long-term impact will be on disciple-making. In 10 years we may discover what particular kind of Christ follower is formed by video preaching. I see warning lights on my dashboard. It's unclear what video may do to the ways we conceive of life together.


I wonder what warning signs he's seeing. I'm sure he's been influenced by Shane Hipps' books, since they're good friends.

Your mom taught you well