The Second Eclectic

Technology changes how we relate to God and each other

still surfing?

It seems prescient that we ever talked about surfing the web. That’s certainly what it feels like. In passing my boss and I were talking about the wave of technology, Twitter, being the current wave. Thing is, you have to get on your board and resist it in order to ride it. You have to work to stay on that wave. You have to get in the water first of all.

But the wave will always fade or leave you beached. It always ends. Technology feels the same way. There’s a new wave coming. In order to ride it, you have to get off the current one. And you have to do something to get on it. It’ll carry you a bit if you’re just floating, but to really ride it, you have to do a lot, A LOT, of work. Is it worth it?

I’m not Twittering. But I am blogging. Will I be beached some day? Maybe then I’ll build a castle. Maybe a storm will come along and show me what its foundation was like. Maybe I should move inland.