The Second Eclectic

Technology changes how we relate to God and each other

Towels and Socks

I'm starting this month documenting all the good causes I'm asked to give to or exposed to that I could support in some way. I'd bet that each day there's some good cause I'm tapped to support somehow.

I took off early from work today to go to a David Crowder Band concert at the House of Blues in downtown Chicago. The venue was awesome and the concert was sold out.

What I hadn't heard was that they were taking donations for a local homeless shelter. DCB apparently contacted local shelters in the city of each stop on the tour and asked them what they need most. They learned quickly: "Towels and socks." Apparently, these two items are essentials for any homeless. So simple and basic. So much so that it seems surprising to me, and I think to many people as well. But sometimes meeting basic needs is what it's all about.

Some other good causes links: Breakthrough Urban Ministries, By the Hand for kids, CCDA, Mission Year, Ethical Purchasing, Fair Trade.