The Second Eclectic

Technology changes how we relate to God and each other

Life and Faith

MuteMath and Mae in conversation.

These lines resonated.

"I would hate the feeling of always having to tear down everything I was before in my life."

Reminded me of a line from Man's Search for Meaning, which I'm currently reading, where Frankl writes, "I struck out my whole former life."

More of their conversation:

"For me, it’s as simple as [not being part of] an industry that sells God. And the thing is, there’s nothing wrong with selling music. I mean we’re in the business of making music; I just think we don’t want there to be confusion about why we’re doing what we’re doing. We make music to make a living and to express ourselves but my faith isn’t for sale. I want there to be a difference."

A few others on discernment and formulaicism were good too.