The Second Eclectic

Technology changes how we relate to God and each other

Vae Victis

I never thought I'd see the day when I agreed with something Senator Clinton said. But, I think she's right this time:

. . . at a gathering of the U.S. Chamber of Commerce. . . she said young
people have a sense of entitlement after growing up in a "culture that has a
premium on instant gratification."

But somehow, being honest offended her constituents, so she apologized. Yeah, don't want to be honest at the cost of votes.

And in the Duke Lacrosse fiasco, another player has been charged. His attorney had this to say:

These boys have been chopped up in the process. They are victims. Their families are victims. This community is a victim and the justice system is a victim.

It's great to see that we're not promoting a victim mentality in our country. It seems the only one who isn't a victim here is the girl who made the charges.

Come to think of it, I'm feeling a little like a victim too. I think I'm entitled to.