The Second Eclectic

Technology changes how we relate to God and each other

O'Limerick!

Get your pint of lager, and grab a stool. Today's verse is a limerick! These are fun and clever. They have a more feelable rhythm than the Haiku and Tanka. You're acquainted with the type: "I once met a man from nantucket..." Here are the rules:
Five lines. 1, 2, and 5, rhyme and have 7-10 syllables, 3 & 4 rhyme too and have 5-7 syllables. My example follows!
(Tip: The best way to enjoy these is to think large, bearded, half-drunk men sloshing their beers in rhythm!)

A Limerick Triumverate.

I once tried to pen my own limerick,
but they all just came out too sadistic.
Now, we just can't afford
a pen mightier than a sword,
so I decided to write this is lipstick.

I know, now, just what you are thinking:
"A man using lipstick is freaky!"
But nothing rhymes with mascara,
except for "Scarlet O'Hara,"
and it's waterproof, so there won't be streaking.

What color, you ask, was I using?
I'm glad you find this so amusing!
But if I told you that,
"You-know-who" would be mad;
then back to the pen for my musings.

Yours doesn't have to be that long, just one verse is great. Try your hand at it. I can't wait to see it!