The Second Eclectic

Technology changes how we relate to God and each other

Rolling like a River Valley

Out of the blue, I get a call from a publishing company Monday. They left a message: they want me to interview for an internship.

Okay, so I submitted an application like 2 months ago. Goes to show how things sometimes pay off a lot later; we just need to patient for it. I returned their call today: she wasn't very friendly, so I didn't feel free to ask any questions. But I have an interview set up for Friday the 12th.

Still waiting to hear on this job with another publishing company: hoping, hoping, hoping. Ideally, I'd like to be able to cancel this interview b/c they offered me a job, but unlikely. I still think I'm a strong candidate for this job. In either case, more internship experience would be great, though not perfect. But, I'll take what I can get. The question is 'Is is paid?'

So, some things are rolling. Never as fast as you'd like, but after a year, I've learned patience and realized that's simply how these things tend. I've got a good paying job for the time being and a place to live and food to eat. That's more than some can say and just as much as any rich person can say.

'In his heart, a man makes his plans...'