The Second Eclectic

Technology changes how we relate to God and each other

Like Yesterday is Gone, the World Keeps Spinning On

Another Saturday gone. Do you ever stop and consider the irretrievable moments of your life? Everyday you add to your past and subtract from your future. I'm amazed at how many people move through life without an awareness of their life in view of larger things. They do not reflect upon their lives. What reason could there be that would prevent that? I can't imagine.

That great boon of wisdom, Socrates, said, 'The unexamined life is not worth living.' I wonder how many of us believe it. I wonder if more 'fail' to reflect on their lives because when they have they conclude terrible things: that it's meaningless, that it's aimless, that they aren't in control, that they aren't who they want to be and they don't know what to do about it. Those are terrible conclusions to reach. More terrible than that is the lack of hope some have in doing anything about it. But, worst of all is that they resolve to do nothing in light of it.

My hope and my resolve flow from the One I am moving toward.