The Second Eclectic

Technology changes how we relate to God and each other

Eager like an Intern

Day 2 of my internship. Obviously not busy enough to keep me from posting a new entry. I'm still waiting for a log in for the network. I'm working to understand the timeline for publicizing titles. I took in a lot of information yesterday. But I returned fresh and bright-eyed this morning. Eager like an intern.

Now I'm waiting for someone to give me something to do and empower me to do it. I think it will end up being some mailings, generating the copy and stuffing envelopes. Gotta start somewhere.

I met with an HR person yesterday, and she told me that I would have a chance to meet the Publisher and talk with him a while. I'm excited about that.

The place is mostly quiet, almost like a library. However, I can here the hum of computers, copiers and various discussions going on. Drawers sliding open and slamming shut. I'm hungry already, and I've only been here less than an hour. I'm tempted by the Reese's Peanut Butter cups sitting on my desk that I brought with me today. I have a cubicle!